Faheem PatelThings which interest me:
- Information Technology
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Systems Administration
- Computer Security/Intrusion Detection
- Web Application Development
- Internetworking and routing
- Clinical Informatics and Electronic Medical Records
- Nature and macro photography
- Consulting: Event photography
Consulting: Providing very low-cost, highly efficient and scalable information technology solutions for any business or scientific application utilizing industry-defining open source tools and technologies.
- A free, open-source operating system with philanthropic roots and principals which now powers majority of the world's leading enterprise IT systems - of which I have been an active user and volunteer contributor for over 12 years. For first time desktop users, I recommend the Linuxmint distribution.
I am currently a medical student at the Faculty of Medicine, University of the West Indies.
My passion for medicine stems from my passion to study the miracle of life - the apex of which is the Human being. The study and practice of the art and science of medicine is an academic undertaking and personal sacrifice with no limits. I strongly believe that safe, efficient and free (or as free as possible) access to good health care is a fundamental right of all humanity.
- My academic background in Medicine and my IT skillset puts me at a unique intersection - I am currently developing a philanthropic, open source, complete Practice Management/EMR solution which is my vision of the next generation of safe, efficient delivery of health care.
- I have been a part-time dive master at The Dive Shop Ltd, logging over 1,300 dives over the past 6 years.
- I am a Muslim and I am very interested in the shared doctrine and origin of the three Abrahamic faiths (Islam, Christianity and Judaism). The overwhelming message of these three faiths is that of patience, tolerance, selfless service to humanity, and most overwhelmingly, belief and faith in God.